Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Capturing Emotion

This week my assignment was to capture "true" emotion in photography.  The subject could be anyone we knew or someone that we randomly saw while going about our day.  My first thought for this assignment was to capture the bright and transforming face of my friend Adam Mason.

My goal was to get Adam to play video games with my roommates while I walked around snapping of picture after picture of Adam and my roommate in deep concentration.  This is what I came up with:



The process was tedious but I learned a lot while shooting.
  • It is important to keep your camera up and constantly look for new expressions of the subject.
  • Make sure your getting a variety of shots with many different focal lengths.
  • Make sure there is plenty of light for shooting these pictures; for a crisp image you will need to use a quick shutter speed.
  • Finally, don't wait till the night before your photos are due to start your assignment; allow yourself plenty of time to choose your subject(s) and shooting area.

1 comment: